Welcome to a little slice of my life. If you think my every day life is nothing but sweet children and happy mothering then you are WRONG. So very, very wrong. Sorry to burst your bubble. My life would be better if every few weeks, however, I didn't have a night like last night.
Brace yourselves. It is THAT BAD and it is in bullet form because nothing else will do.
- 7:30 pm- Rock Baby to sleep.
- 8:15 pm- WTH says Baby. Daddy rocks Baby and puts Baby in crib.
- 8:30 pm- Nice try, Daddy. Rock Baby to sleep AGAIN.
- 10:30 pm- What is this cage of neglect, Mommy? Nurse Baby to sleep in bed while Daddy leaves for work.
- 12:30 am- Nurse Baby in bed.
- 2:00 am- Nurse Baby in bed.
- 4:00 am- Nurse Baby in bed.
- 4:00 am- Party! My bed!!! Put Baby in crib. Listen to Baby cry. Put Baby in bed. Listen to Baby talk. Put pacifier in Baby's mouth. Hold Baby in bed. Put pillow over
Baby'shead while Baby practices clapping. Think about texting profanity to Daddy.
- 4:45 am- Baby asleep finally.
- 6:00 am- Nurse Baby in bed.
- 7:00 am- Other children up and at 'em. Get out of bed to yell at children to
shut upbe quiet and close their doors.
- 7:01 am- Baby realizes Mom is gone. Falls out of bed.
- 7:02 am- Baby screams.
- 7:03 am- Baby screams.
- 7:04 am- Baby nurses.
- 7:05 am- Mom thinks about eating children while Baby nurses.
- 7:10 am- Mom and Baby asleep.
- 7:30 am- Daddy's home! Donuts and TV watching commence.
It's like my very own version of HELL- baby up all night, children bouncing off the wall (it's a no school day for Simon) as soon as they wake, babies falling out of beds. Thank goodness every night is not that bad. If so, I could never survive motherhood and I am pretty sure my children wouldn't survive their childhood either. It helps, of course, that they are so adorable too.